The Liebster award is a chain award that was created by bloggers and is a tradition to make new friends in the blogging community.
I was nominated by Kate from Crazy Antics Reviews for this wonderful blog award. I first saw some blog awards three years when I started reading blogs regularly and being nominated in one is so exciting! So thank you Kate for the nomination. 🙂
Now for the rules:
– Link back to the person who nominated you
– Give 11 random facts about yourself
– Answer 11 questions from your nominator
– Nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers
– Come up with 11 questions for them to answer
– Inform your nominees
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I may have a pretty generic name but my surname usually gets misspelled/mispronounced.
- I don’t like cats because they annoy me. I’m a dog person.
- I have been wearing eyeglasses since I was in sixth grade because I have terrible eyesight.
- I don’t like it when people tell me I must be so smart and focused on my studying because I read a lot because I don’t like studying at all (except when I like the subject) and I’m a great procrastinator.
- I’m writing this at 1:36 am.
- I’m starting a new t.v. series. It’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- My favorite number is 13.
- I haven’t read the Harry Potter and Twilight series. Don’t judge me. But I plan to read them this year.
- I have a dog named Augustus. Yes I named him after Augustus Waters.
- Single like a pringle. But it’s okay because I have my hot fictional boyfriends.
- I’m a very random person.
11 Questions from Kate
- Have you read any books recently by an author who is new to you?
Being a book blogger has some amazing perks. One of them is getting to read and review a book I thought I wouldn’t love and having a new author on my radar. I read This Much Space by K. K. Hendin for a book tour and I absolutely loved the book! It’s very different from most NA books and the author is a brilliant person. I love reading her blog posts!
- Is there a single item, a treasured possession that you never leave the house without?
I kind of wish I am that kind of person that never leaves the house without the thing she treasured the most but sadly, I am not. I prefer to leave treasured things in my house where I think they would be safer.
- The typical physical book vs ebook vs audio book debate, which do you prefer? Of course physical books! There’s nothing better than hugging a book, being able to smell it and touch it (that sounds very sexual and awkward but you bookish people know what I mean). I still love e-books though. I’m an audiobook virgin but I would like to listen to them someday!
- What is one place you’ve always wanted to travel to? (This can either be a fictional or non-fictional place)
Australia and Greece! I want to see those beautiful sights I only get to see in pictures. And of course, Camp Half-Blood, Camp Jupiter and Alicante!
- Favorite quote from a book you’ve read recently?
I just finished reading The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor and this is one of the cute quotes in the book:
My heart worked overtime, doing all the things a heart do when it is letting someone close-the flutters, the swells.
- Which book genre do you prefer above all others?
My favorite would be the dystopian genre. It has been awhile since I have read a good dystopian and I have been taking a break from it but I think it would be my all-time favorite book genre. I love how the world is different from ours but you can still connect to the story and find something that can be relevant to our society.
- Which author would be your best friend?
Robyn Schneider! I’ve been obsessing about her lately she seems like a nice person because she has a really nice smile (lol but seriously I love people with nice smiles) and she’s somewhat close to my age than most authors I like so yeah.
- If you could pick an era to live in which one would you choose.
60’s, 70’s, 80’s because I love the clothes they wear lol. And I’m currently into movies that are set in those times.
- Do you have any bookish habits?
I don’t think I have any…? I’m not sure…
- How do you organize your books?
My TBR books that I really need to read are on the top shelf. Second shelf is like my favorites shelf. Then third shelf are books that I have read and some than are still on my TBR, just not on my ‘quick!-read-this’ TBR pile. Then the first shelf on my other bookcase contains some mass paperback books and my books when I was a kid.
- Who is your favorite book character and why?
I have lots but I would go with the first book character that became my favorite: Katniss Everdeen. She’s an inspiration to me as most girls in dystopian books.
It’s time for me to nominate! I nominate the following bloggers:
These are not 11 bloggers, I know but I don’t know who else to nominate. Sorry!
And here are my questions:
- What made you decide to run a book blog?
- What is the story behind your blog title?
- If you are celebrity and you are given the opportunity to have a movie and be the main character of the book to movie adaptation, which book and main character would you choose?
- Spill the beans: how much money do you spend in buying books? Like, in every haul or monthly or if you want yearly.
- Does your family read?
- When did you realize you are an avid reader?
- If you could kill a fictional character who would it be and why?
- What was the last thing you did before writing this blog post?
- If you could steal a style from a fictional character who would it be and why?
- Pick one: coffee, tea, hot chocolate.
- Do you write?
That’s it! Thanks again to Kate for nominating me. I hope the bloggers I nominated will have as much fun as I did answering the questions! 🙂